Table of Contents
Consider the statistics. About 35% of police officers suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and 18 to 24% of dispatchers do, according to data from the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI). Police officers and firefighters are at a much higher risk for suicide as well. An estimated 11 to 20% of veterans suffer from PTSD in a given year, shared NAMI, and the number of veterans dying from suicide grew by 25% in 2020.
These figures don’t take into account the many men and women who suffer without reporting it or getting help.
How Tactical Recovery Can Help
Tactical recovery is a program designed specifically to address the specific needs of first responders, military professionals, and veterans. Those in these fields are often exposed to painful or traumatic experiences, which can lead to mental health disorders and the misuse of substances as a way to self-medicate. Tactical Recovery provides a very effective, hands-on treatment option to help people overcome these challenges.
What Comprises the Tactical Recovery Program?
At Canyon Vista Recovery Center, we work to provide a wide range of services that first responders and veterans need to recover. These include:
- Comprehensive mental health diagnosis and treatment
- Trauma therapy
- Holistic therapy, including equine therapy
- 24-hour nursing and staffing throughout the detox process
- Dual-diagnosis treatment, which incorporates treatment for substance use disorder and mental health disorders at the same time
- Medication-assisted treatment for those who qualify
When you step into our treatment program, you’ll receive an assessment that helps us better understand what you’re facing. Then, your treatment begins. We offer alcohol, opiate, and benzo detox programs that help you safely stop using substances in a controlled environment. You’ll then start working with our highly skilled and compassionate team to learn more about the issues you face and how to manage them.
At our drug treatment center for veterans in Mesa, you’ll be surrounded by people who are facing the same challenges you are and have a unique level of insight into what you’re facing.
What Makes the Tactical Recovery Program at Canyon Vista So Effective?
The Tactical Recovery program is very much an individualized program, one designed to address your specific complications and concerns. Here are a few things that make our program stand out:
Trained Veterans Support the Program
It’s not easy for someone who has never faced a military or first responder experience to understand what you’re going through. That’s why our program is designed to provide very specific attention to your needs. Our therapeutic oversight is provided by veterans who have a keen level of insight into the challenges you’re facing today and who are trained in providing the support you need.
Numerous Programming Options to Support Your Recovery
Canyon Vista Recovery Center provides some excellent program options that can help to create a safe, supportive environment for you. Some of the things we offer to meet the needs of our patients include:
- Weekend outings that build confidence and change lives
- CBT and trauma therapy that’s uniquely focused on the pain you’ve experienced
- Gender-specific process groups can help to make it easier to share and explore feelings, thoughts, and past pain
- Family visitation on Sundays, so you never feel alone through this process
- Family therapy sessions so that you can work closely with your loved ones to rebuild a future
- Aftercare coordination so you’re not left to fend for yourself after treatment ends
You can expect a welcoming, comfortable environment with catered meals each day. We often have visits by sponsors to provide more support and a wide range of alumni programs to keep you supported for years to come.
Now Is Your Chance to Get Help Designed for You
We encourage you to reach out to us today to learn more about the Tactical Recovery program we offer at Canyon Vista Recovery Center. We can provide an over-the-phone assessment and offer same-day admission to many people. All you have to do now is give us a call to get started.