Are you interested in employment with Canyon Vista Recovery Center?
Then you’re in the right place! Our passionate, dedicated team works hard to ensure our guests are given the care they need to recover in a safe, comfortable space. If you are interested in applying for a position with our addiction recovery team in Mesa, Arizona, then find the open position best suited to your skills and apply now!
- Location: Canyon Vista Recovery Center
- Time Type: Full time
- Posted on: Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Job Requisition ID: JR104764
The Therapist is a part of the multidisciplinary team responsible for providing direct clinical services to clients and their families by diagnosing and treating mental and emotional disorders, whether cognitive, affective, or behavioral. Completes Psychosocial Assessments; providing individual, group and family therapy for clients; facilitating psycho-educational training, family meetings, discharge planning; assisting in program development; developing, implementing, and reviewing Treatment Plans; and providing linkage to outside resources.
- Conducts a psychosocial assessment and develops an initial discharge plan.
- Develops and implements treatment plans for client based on assessment and coordinates any additional services needed, revising as necessary.
- Conducts individual, group or family sessions as appropriate for the treatment plan of the client.
- Applies psychotherapeutic techniques and interventions in the delivery of services to individuals and families for the purpose of treating such diagnosed emotional and behavioral disorders.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary treatment planning conferences. Presents appropriate client information to the treatment team. Recommends effective treatment interventions.
- Maintains a caseload as assigned.
- Develops and implements special client groups or program modules.
- Timely prepares progress notes and treatment updates in the medical record. Maintains all clinical documentation in accordance with regulatory and accrediting standards.
- Ensures each assigned client has a structured and clinically appropriate post care plan. Acts as Liaison to referral sources and support of continuation of care.
- Provides crisis intervention to clients and families in acute distress.
- Provides introduction and initial coordination of wide range of community resources: financial, housing, legal, social/recreational, occupational, spiritual and support groups.
- Provides case management, discharge planning or after-care planning according to treatment plan.
- May assist in educating and training staff on behavior management or therapeutic crisis intervention.
- May coordinate various clinical and psychosocial or educational activities with client and their families.
- Evaluates client’s need and determine if referrals to other programs or facilities are needed.
- May assist in the training of new clinical staff and interns.
- May coordinate the activities of other clinical and direct client care staff, providing direction and clinical guidance.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling or Psychology required.
- At least six years of experience as a therapist with four or more years’ experience with the specific population of the facility required.
Why Canyon Vista Recovery Center?
Veterans and military spouses are highly encouraged to apply. Summit BHC is dedicated to serving Veterans with specialized programming at our treatment centers across the country. We recognize and value the unique strengths of the military community in supporting our mission to serve those who have served.
Location: Canyon Vista Recovery Center
Time type: Full time
Posted on: Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Job requisition id: JR104452
Registered Nurse | Canyon Vista Recovery Center | Mesa, Arizona
Day and Night Shift Full Time Positions and Day and Night Shift PRN. The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing nursing care to patients. Supervising care treatment and services of patient care provided by LPNs, CNAs and other staff on assigned unit and shift. Developing, implementing, and evaluating an individual plan of care for each client. Assessment and re-assessment of patients. Communicating appropriate information with the interdisciplinary team. Reporting client concerns and changes in condition to supervisor and/or physician in a timely manner.
- Provides and coordinates care by assessing physical and behavioral health needs of clients, develops and implements nursing care plans, maintains medical records and educates clients and their families about various physical and behavioral health conditions while ensuring client safety at all times.
- Assesses client’s status on an ongoing basis and pertinent information gathered is documented.Ensures nursing treatment plans are specific to assessed needs and initial treatment plan is completed upon admission.
- Takes physician’s orders (verbal or via telephone) accurately and documents appropriately; transcribes and reviews physician’s orders. Ensures physician’s orders are legible if taken verbally and transcribed appropriately per policy and procedure.Accurately administers medications per ordered note and documents accurate count of controlled substance. Adjusts medications under provider’s supervision as needed; monitors lab results to validate medication compliance.
- Notifies physician of significant changes in status such as difficulties with detox, medical emergency or change in medical status regarding response to medications, etc.Supervises self-administration of medications using safety initiative of using two means of client identification: documents and reports effects of scheduled and PRN medications.
- Maintains accountability of administration, recording, control and security of medications, including narcotics.Completes admission and discharge processes efficiently and accurately as directed.
- Confers regularly with treatment team (e.g., nurses, therapists, program managers, physician) regarding client care. Attends and participates in the unit activities such as therapy groups, family meetings as appropriate, staffing, unit meetings, etc.
- Provides education/explanation to clients, families, and co-workers regarding medication usage/maintenance, common side effects, client’s rights, as well as other topics necessary for optimal client care.
- Monitors client acuity, census, staffing needs, and makes arrangements for coverage as needed, following established guidelines.
- Assures thorough, accurate documentation is completed for all clients on each shift and client assignment sheets are completed daily and tasks are carried out as assigned.Gives thorough report to oncoming staff, supervisors, and physician.
- Provides coverage in emergency services as needed.High school graduate or equivalent.
- Six months or more experience working with the specific population of the facility preferred.
- Knowledge of common psychiatric disorders and/or dual diagnosis and various treatment modalities of the population served preferred.
- CPR and de-escalation certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
- First aid may be required based on state or facility requirements.
Why Canyon Vista Recovery Center?
- Canyon Vista Recovery Center offers a comprehensive benefit plan and a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Qualified candidates should apply by submitting a resume. Canyon Vista Recovery Center is an EOE.
- Veterans and military spouses are highly encouraged to apply. Summit BHC is dedicated to serving Veterans with specialized programming at our treatment centers across the country. We recognize and value the unique strengths of the military community in supporting our mission to serve those who have served.